Standard YUM Repository Files
The following are the standard .repo
files used by Fedora 15. Occasionally, these files are not correctly installed to the student virtual machine.
If you get error messages attempting to use yum and/or rpm, check to see if the files exist by performing the following steps:
- Open a Terminal window
- Enter the command:
ls -al /etc/yum.repos.d
- If there are no files listed, then the default files are missing and you need to use the ones on this page.
Using These Files
To use these files, perform the following steps:
- Log in to your Fedora virtual machine as a standard user
- Inside your Fedora 15 virtual machine, open Firefox.
- Point Firefox to http://www.wrstone.com/itt/current/nt1430/06/lab
- Download the three files at the bottom of the page.
- Open a Terminal window and type the following commands:
cp /home/$USERNAME/Downloads/*.repo /etc/yum.repos.d
Note that you must substitute $USERNAME with your standard user login account (not root).